While Blur have been rehearsing feverishly (we hope!) for their Hyde Park Olympics gig, the Blur graphics design and PR team have been also working hard behind the scenes.
There has been many changes on the http://blur.co.uk, the band's official site, and we bring you the 5 must-visit updates and pages this week.
- Blur iPad / iPhone App is now out - download it from iTunes (free, compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch) for an awesome interactive experience to celebrate the Blur21 box set and the band's musical contribution. Lots of rare new pictures and cool features to be explored. Definitely worth getting immediately - be prepared for many hours of Blur nostalgia!
- Official Blur Shop - this merchandise shop is now open, selling tees that were printed even from the 90s (Blur McNormal Vintage Red T-shirt and others). CDs, beer mat sets, Hyde Park lithograph, Blur's new 7 inch vinyl, box set and the new 'Under the Westway' single and even a Blur track jacket are in stock.
- Blur Timeline - well-designed little London tube map imitation widget for all to explore Blur's history, videos, cultural information, film, art, international, music and even all the Blur locations featured in their music videos and work. This new feature is Blur's discography and live history at it's best. What's more - YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE to the timeline by selecting "Add a Memory" on any stop, and following the instructions to submit your Blur note to the official site.
- Watch the BBC Maida Vale Gig - live on July 31st - to be broadcasted LIVE on the blur.co.uk official site. Great news for those who can't make it to the gig, or did not win the BBC Blur ticket lucky draw to the rare intimate show.
- Blur 21 Remastered tracks available - via iTunes. All the Stephen Street remastered albums including extra tracks and previously unheard demos, live versions and extra tidbits can be previewed for 90 seconds / downloaded on the music store. The tracks are in excellent quality and are much clearer than the album tracks currently available.
- Blurry Picture Game - There's huge support for Blur's comeback from BBC and BBC 6 Music - the latter is holding a game where fans have to guess the blurry Blur memorabilia or item posted each day leading up to the BBC 6 Maida Vale gig. Join in the fun and guess today's picture - we have to admit that today's picture is a tough one to guess.
- Blur21 Box Set Review - Read all about the Blur21 Box set that BBC reviewed positively. They even went so far as suggesting that "the absence of new single Under the Westway/The Puritan suggests that 21 is not a full-stop". Could this be true ? Could this mean there could be more Blur after the 'end' of 2012?
Blur, Blur, Blur ... could this get any better ?